The Diocese of Durham is delighted to announce the start of build-up activities for Bishops in Mission 2017, which will be held over the long weekend of the 2nd – 5th March 2017, and with be titled ‘Talking Jesus.
Churches across the diocese have been organisaing their own events across the weekend with the theme of “Talking Jesus”.
- One Long weekend
- 20 Bishops
- Hundreds of events.
- Thousands hearing about Jesus.
- 1000s of lives transformed
This promotional video was recently launched.
Shortcode: [vimeo https://vimeo.com/159114896]
Here’s a summary of what’s on for Talking Jesus throughout the Easington Deanery.
- Events Guide
- Curry Night: The Deanery will be hosting a Curry Night for people in their 20’s and 30’s at the Royal George Pub, Old Shotton. Enquiries are still open up to March the first. Click for more details.
- Hot Potato Night: A chance to ask the questions you’ve always wanted to ask about the Christian faith over a Hot Potato supper over at the Community center in Wingate.
- Songs of Praise: Music, Stories and Songs. Wellfield School in Wingate will be hosting a Songs of Praise service in partnership with Wingate Holy Trinity Church with a guest appearance by Bishop Keith Sinclair and Neil Baldwin.
- “Start”: Start is about discovering or rediscovering the Christian faith in 6 small group sessions. It is especially suitable for those who are enquiring about faith or what it means to be a follower of Jesus, a “disciple”. This might be for the first time, or it might be an opportunity to revisit faith or a past link to the church which has lain dormant now for many years. “Start” has its first session on Monday 13th March.
- “Talking Jesus” Celebration service – Join us for this special ‘Talking Jesus’ celebration service on Sunday 5th March at 3pm.
More details on Talking Jesus on social media
Also see our Events Guide for more information.